Thursday, May 15, 2014

Am I worth the headline? A throwback thursday entry: SOUPer Moment

Ever since the multiply page got demised, my interest in blogging went kaput. However, when I met Mila the Joker (and with the encouragement of Carlo) I decided to start "sharing stories online" again. 

I don't know why, but often times I am caught in the middle of craziness and moments I cannot explain. This experience can either be funny, can really be an epic fail or simply put my "sabaw moment".

As my first throwback thursday (TBT) entry, I will share a 'sabaw moment' I cannot forget: 

Location: Jollibee (which I will not mention the branch, baka sumikat pa sila) LOL

I ordered breakfast meal while waiting for my sister. I had a medium-sized pineapple juice which to my surprise doesn't taste like pineapple. It was bland, as if it was a mix of 1/4 juice & 3/4 water with a very little hint of pineapple flavour. 

I had to call the attention of the crew, not to complain, but to ensure that the next one to order will not have the same experience. I didn't even plan requesting for a replacement, however:

Crew: "Mam, pacencia na po. Sige, Sabihin ko po sa kitchen" 

Me: Okay, sige thank you.

Few minutes after, he went back and asked for my receipt. 

Crew: Mam, sige palitan po namin yung juice nyo. Nagtimpla na po ng bagong juice. Kunin ko lang po resibo nyo. 

Me: Ah, okay. Sige lang. Thank you. 

Again, few minutes passed the crew handed me my receipt & the juice. 

Crew: Okay na po ba?

Me: Yes, okay na. Thank you ulit. 

Then came the 'manager', I assumed because she's wearing a different uniform. She approached, and.. 

Manager: Ma'am okay na po ba yung juice nyo? Sorry po kanina hindi maayos yun timpla. 

I was thinking, wow this is definitely a good customer service, checking customer's satisfaction.. Or so I thought. 

Manager: Ma'am in behalf of the company, we thank you for the immediate feedback and pacencia na po ulit. Ito po oh, (handing me "SOMETHING") as sign of.. I forgot her exact words, it could be loyalty or for my honesty, I dunno and I don't care, because at that moment, I was either fighting myself not to cry and die laughing in front of the manager. 

Because to my surprise, she handed me their daily newspaper with "Property of Jollibee" stamped on it! 

I mean, what the?... I was expecting their tuna or peach mango pie at the least, but a newspaper? Come on! 

Can anyone figure out why a newspaper?.. Darn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment